MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

CROCKPOT MOUNTAIN SOUP WITH PEARL BARLEY, SPLIT PEAS AND LENTILS

It's been a while since my last post! Oh my! I would like to say something, to explain, but I don't know where to start. Many events have influenced my life so much and deeply that I had to take a long but temporary break in my blog. 
But now I'm back, it's me, I'm always the same Gege but with almost 2 years more in my age (this is not funny!) and more experiences and wisdom. 

During this long time I have continued with my passion for homemade cooking, so I decided to break the silence in my blog with a recipe. 


Simple, quick and easy recipe, but it's wonderful and nourishing for a winter dinner, really a comfort food when it's cold outside! 


CROCKPOT MOUNTAIN SOUP WITH PEARL BARLEY, SPLIT PEAS AND LENTILS

Serves 2
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low)


Ingredients:




- 1 cup of dry soup mix (pearl barley, split peas and lentils)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 leek, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp herbs salt
- salt to taste (I have used himalayan pink salt, so healthy)
- 1/2 tsp fennel stems 
- 1/4 tsp cumin 
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 cups of hot water
- extravirgin olive oil 


Process:

1) Wash the dry cereal and legumes mix with water.



2) Combine all the ingredients in a 2-1/2 quart crock pot.


3 ) Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or 6 hours on low)

4) Before serving add some extravirgin olive oil, give a good stir and.....

BUON APPETITO!

Until the next time, 
Gege

Linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...